Highlights of Free Hugs Farmer’s Market Yesterday:
1. Had a long and deep discussion with a few beautiful souls about Love and the importance of Spiritual Growth and giving to others
2. Joked around with one of the talented artists nearby, who also happens to be one of the most fun and lightest men I’ve had the good fortune to meet
3. The talented vendor selling leather jewelry beside me hooked me up with some delicious fresh cherries
4. Was taught to do deep breathing/energy hugs by a couple, two kind and amazing Spiritual Teachers in the area
5. Was graced by the love and presence of wise and beautiful spirit, Deborah El’elia Knighton Tallarico who owns and leads classes/workshops at the Spiritual Renaissance Center in South Portland
6. Hugged 150-200 people of all ages and backgrounds- some folks who had never heard of Free Hugs before and were a little hesitant, and some who were super into it
Hug of the day: a little girl gave me a hug monster hug, then came back later for seconds and jumped into my arms, wrapped her legs around me, and gave me a full body hug.
When I hear people say they have concerns about the coming generations or about worries for our society’s future, I always go back to the love I see and feel at the market, and especially from young children.
There is hope for the future, great hope if only we open our eyes to the immense love that is already within us and around us. When we choose to focus on love rather than fear or anger, we see and experience more love and have more love to give our loved ones and everyone we come into contact with.
Tap into the love inside of you and watch as the miracles unfold in your life. Watch as you grow in peace and joy and how you positively impact those around you.
Be the love you want to see in the world.